Saturday, October 17, 2020

A Little Trip Along Nostalgia's Path

   *


 Recently, I had a bit of a rummage through some older journals and found these pages which I wanted to share. I drew these doodly illustrations a lot to record memories that I was afraid I'd lose and I'm so grateful for them. 


    They're even more important to me now that these places are half a country away and all of the people and pets are lost to me in this world. Looking at them, I feel an odd mix of sadness, nostalgia, fondness and thankfulness.


    I have a new life to illustrate now - a new adventure filled with love and happiness and cats (many cats!), but these memories are so much a part of me and I never ever want to lose them. I can keep them safe in my journals and my heart and move forward knowing they're always where I can find them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

You might like a look at this as well ...

Around and Back Again

    Well. Hello!  And where the good goosedown have I been then, eh? Eh? Valid question, yes. Well, much in solidarity with PRETTY much ever...

More Ramblings...