Saturday, September 26, 2020

A Handmade Birthday From The Heart

 We had an event this week!

    My Husband had a birthday! What is WITH these things.....they happen every year!! I enjoy spoiling him as much as I can which this year included drawing him a portrait of Gizmo, his companion cat for nearly eighteen years. I've had to be furtive since he's been at home as he has eagle eyes and an aggressively inquiring nature! With this being my priority, my tradition of creating home made cards and gift wrap was left, by necessity, to the night before the Big Day. 

    There are so many beautiful gift cards out there, and I love to find the most perfect ones, but still, for nearest and dearest I prefer to inflict my own designs upon them as an exression of love - whether they like it or not! My little pictures gave Husband a card from each of our fur babies (written by their own fair paws with bestest spellingness, naturally) and a classic bigger dancing Leonard from all of us:

The classic dancing Leonard!

The gift of Gizmo

Harvey's birthday blessing, sent accross the Rainbow Bridge by angel post

Missy sharing her gorgeousness

About as normal as you get with Sapphira

Another happy, dancing Leonars, this one just from him to Daddy

The bits of gift wrap that haven't already met the recycling...
 
    Quick and happy inking with a splash of watercolour and presto! Cards for Husband on his awesome special day! He loves them.... I love him....cats love him....an all round happy day! 
 
    For anyone who's not tried gifting homemade cards I highly recommend it. Give it a go, and if you like, please share your work with me - I'd love to see it!  
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

You might like a look at this as well ...

Around and Back Again

    Well. Hello!  And where the good goosedown have I been then, eh? Eh? Valid question, yes. Well, much in solidarity with PRETTY much ever...

More Ramblings...