Wednesday, November 13, 2019

A Beginning.....Again!

     November. How can it be November already? Where does time wander off to when no one is looking? And here's my poor little blog sitting here, neglected, abandoned, a victim of good intentions and procrastination. Well - time to put that to rights!


     I've hummed and hawed about what to write...what I wanted to "say" with my posts...instead of actually SAYING anything. Meanwhile, I've been diligently making arty art and have joined a couple of WONDERFUL facebook groups so that I can tentatively share them with a more direct audience, garner opinion and also experience the utter delight that other people's work brings to my life.
My fine art work has taken a little rest. Work like this:


....and this:


In their place, the doodly illustrations have taken over and gone berserk!
I have a confession to make.....
....I love them!
     They make me happy. They make my husband happy. They seem to make many other people happy. So I thought I might re-boot this drifting blogspace by posting them here, along with their attendant rambly stories, and get stuff going. That said, meet our cats:
     That's Leonard at the top there, also known as 'Shrewsbane'. He's a big lad, thinks he's a dog and is not the sharpest tool in the shed. Clockwise from him there's Sapphira, the tiniest cat in the world, also a megalomaniac psychotic loon; Mischief (actually, "Mschf", but that confuses everyone), a pretty party princess, rave maniac and eternal stroppy teenager; Harvey, or "Count Harvelstien Fluffpants III", Colonel, Jefe, armchair adventurer, judge,jury and far-too-willing executioner; lastly, Gizmo, old gent who does a passable Celine Dion impression at feeding time which, if he had his way would be a twenty-four hour event. If he was a human, he'd wear a flat hat, drink Guinness, eat pork pies and talk about the 'good old days'.

     These are our fur babies. They know that our lives revolve around them and they take full and regular advantage. We are but minions....we know our place! The feline five feature heavily in my illustrations as they provide seemingly endless inspiration!


     My memories and life events are bound up in these illustrations... They're a journal of my days in the home I love with the Man I adore, the cat cavalry and the various critters who call us 'Mum' and 'Dad'.

     Once I get into the swing of things, who knows where this blog will take me? But, for now I hope you enjoy sharing our adventures and random craziness. See you soon! Love from me, Shroo, and the Paws and Claws Brigade!

4 comments:

  1. Love it! Always look forward to seeing your creations...you are super ridiculously talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you squillions much, from me and the kitty cat army of fluff!💕

      Delete
  2. I so enjoy hearing about your moggies, they make mine seem tame by comparison which is a rare feat indeed 😆 we have a mischief too (16 years young) but she is no longer ‘missy’ and has moved to ‘chief’ as she does indeed rule the roost. Our teeny twinkle toes
    Jessi’cat is next with her perchant for shoulder perching and lastly our bequeathed Felix who I’m sure is still wondering what the hell he’s been thrown into. I do think your doodle art is my favourite but I adore the cat above too. Im wondering if one day you might consider doing a video to show how your magic takes place? Your huge fan, Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh our Missy is most definitely well named! She's a proper pretty party princess and trying to catch her is like juggling soap! Your fur babies sound utterly fabulous! I look forward to hearing more about them! Videos.....hmmmmm..... Give it time. I'm not a natural born techno whiz, and I'll have to be good and not swear! It's a possibility....at some point....probably....😁💕

      Delete

What's on your mind?

You might like a look at this as well ...

Around and Back Again

    Well. Hello!  And where the good goosedown have I been then, eh? Eh? Valid question, yes. Well, much in solidarity with PRETTY much ever...

More Ramblings...